Economy & Business
Taiwan Innotech Expo
Discover Taiwan SMEs Innovation Power at 2021 TIE
Sponsored by ITRI
The annual Taiwan Innotech Expo (TIE) will gathering innovative technologies from industry, government, and academia, and reveal the R&D strength and commercialization competence of Taiwan to the world. 2021 TIE virtual will be officially launched on October 14th, showcasing over 1,000 innovative SMEs. You are welcome to participate in this ten-day online exhibition.
The "Innovation Navigation pavilion," co-organized by the Industrial Development Bureau (IDB), Small and Medium Enterprise Administration (SMEA), Department of Industrial Technology (DOIT), National Development Council and the Ministry of National Defense, will showcase emerging technologies in multiple categories including smart manufacturing, connected living, advanced medicare, digital business, and aerospace & defense. Exhibitors will include 18 outstanding Taiwan SMEs invited by SMEA. The following is a sneak peak of 4 featured exhibitors and their innovative products with market potential to share with Euroview readers.
Non-invasive Fiber Optic Physiological Monitoring Technology (nFOPT®) and Smart Care System (Huijia Health Life Technology Co., Ltd)
Huijia Health has a non-invasive monitoring Smart Care System based on nFOPT® core technology that accurately and instantaneously tracks first symptoms of a virus including respiratory rate and changes, heart rate, persistent coughs, sleep quality and more.
The patented technology - Non-invasive Fiber Optic Physiological Monitoring Technology (nFOPT®) and Smart Care System uses the principle of total reflection of optical fibre. There is no electromagnetic field change (no electromagnetic wave) in each action with a high-sensitivity and high-accuracy physiological sensor that monitors changes in physiological activities such as breathing, heart rate, blood pressure, sleep analysis, and activity status.
Product applications include smart (bed) films, smart beds, smart wheelchair cushions, smart assistive devices, smart care system for taking care of the elderly and babies alike.
The technology has been recognized through the following awards:
2021 Go Smart Award Finalist
2020 National Healthcare Quality Award,
2019 ECI Award
2017 R&D 100 Award
2016 APICTA Award
The technology has been developed for over 10 years and been adopted by more than 300 baby and elderly care centers and over 100,000 people have used it. There are more than 35 senior care centers and hospitals in Taiwan making use of the smart care system to contain Covid-19.
It is a concerning issue for Asia where the elderly will account for 61% of the world's elderly population in just 30 years with 2 issues looming in the near future: A shortage of caregivers and insufficient quality of care.
The issues come along with Covid-19. Most companies are using wearable devices to track vital signs, but the elderly and babies don't want to use wearables for long time use. Moreover, people may be worried about electromagnetic waves. The system provides a non-wearable solution with no electromagnetic waves. Even without a fever, it tracks the first symptoms of the virus, including respiratory, heart rate, coughs, sleep, and other vital signs.
The AI Smart Care System can determine whether a patient has respiratory symptoms instantly.
- Remote Monitoring: Our Smart Care System allows for reduced contact between infected and non-infected persons.
- 24-hour monitoring: which provides complete coverage of all patients simultaneously and puts less pressure and risk on medical staff.
- Instantaneous alerts: the system detects changes in patients immediately and alerts users instantaneously.
- Waste Reduction: Reducing the contact of the medical staff also reduces the waste of medical resources (such as protective clothing), which saves more time and more energy for the medical team.
The AI Smart Care System has many benefits that make monitoring more effective and comfortable:
- Non-invasive: nFOPT® smart care film is only 2mm thick and is placed under the pillow and bed cover, allowing patients using it to feel at ease.
- Fibre optic technology: there are no sparks or risks of static electricity. There are also no electromagnetic wave impacts ensuring the highest level of safety for patients.
- Higher sensitivity: allowing for more accuracy in detecting changes.
- Easy to install: Smart care film can be applied in homes and institutional care facilities.
More hearing more future - Otoadd Classic R and RelaJet AI Speech Enhancement Engine (RelaJet Technology Co.)
Otoadd Classic R is a user-centric, easy-to-use hearing aid powered by RelaJet AI Speech Enhancement Engine. With this unique technology, Classic R can capture and enhance the sound of human voices and be constantly updated to offer users the best hearing experience under any scenario.
- Better Hearing Experience - RelaJet AI Speech Enhancement Engine: With RelaJet edge-cutting AI technology, Classic R is able to extract the sounds of voices from surroundings, reduce noise and enhance the voices that users need to hear, which can solve the long-time problem of hearing devices, the so-called cocktail party problem (The difﬁculty of hearing aid users to hear clearly in a noisy environment, especially when there are many people talking at the same time).
- Sustainable design - Replaceable lithium battery/BA module: Modular design provides maximum ﬂexibility to users with different needs. Replaceable lithium battery modules reduce the environmental stress caused by disposable batteries in typical hearing aid products. The replaceable BA module provides users with more ﬂexibility and allows for a better upgrading and recycling experience even when their hearing situation changes.
- User interaction - Qualcomm BT chipset & Tuning APP: Classic R is aiming to be a hearing aid as usable as Bluetooth earbuds. Therefore, besides being more modern and slicker, Classic R also provides seamless wireless connection capability which allows the users not only to listen to music/podcasts, but also customize parameters wirelessly. Classic R enhances sound quality, aesthetics, and usability, and shortens the learning curve for ﬁrst time users.
Bintronic Smart Curtain, Best Partner for Smart Life (Bintronic Co., Ltd)
Bintronic, founded in 1989, has stayed ahead of the competition in the industry of smart curtains and blinds. Dedicated to developing wireless control systems for around three decades, it is a listed company on over-the-counter (OTC) market. With integrated R&D, production, sales, and service, Bintronic had sold a variety of products such as door control systems, motorized curtains, smart curtains, and home automation systems to more than 30 countries around the world.
"Bintronic will constantly provide innovative services and pursue for excellence," is the commitment of the chairman of Bintronic, Jung-Fu Wu, and other three co-founders. Bintronic has been devoted to developing high-tech products based on market demands and have passed ISO9001 international certification, as well as obtained multiple R&D patents.
A brand-new and world-leading product, Smart Roller Shades, was developed in 2017 which can be used extensively in homes, offices, factories, greenhouses, and others. Moreover, this product has been installed in the factories of leading international semiconductor manufacturers. It strongly enhances a building's environmental protection and energy saving efficiency and creates value in the smart home industry.
All Bintronic products are not only well recognized but have won the Taiwan Excellence Award in 2019, 2020, and 2021. Bintronic keeps upgrading technology for smart products in order to bring a high-quality life which is smarter and safer for all people.
The launch of the smart curtain enables finer curtain control of the system to change the way of curtain uses.
By connecting to a smart home system, such as Apple HomeKit or Google Home, you can enjoy a more conformable and smarter living space.
In large indoor common space such as offices and factories, through the integrated control of systems and sensors, smart curtains can let light in smartly to reduce the use of indoor lighting and thereby save energy.
In addition, the precise positioning of smart curtains can realize a uniform effect to reduce management labor and demonstrate the corporate spirit.
More function features suitable to build comfortable and safe smart guesthouses like:
Smart Curtains: One-button-operated, no disturbance of guests in leisure or dining.
Bintronic Smart Home System Planning: After setting the scenario in the APP, the curtain will automatically roll to the set position at the designated time to avoid direct sunlight or the heat from sunset.
Bintronic is now seeking additional reputable agents/distributors to extend its global reach and sales worldwide. For more information about how to become a partner, please contact: email@example.com
Fleet Intelligence Platform- A Better Way to Optimize Your Mobility Service (3drens)
3drens' IoT mobility management platform not only lets fleet operators track where their vehicles are, but also produces data that helps them make business decisions. The company began operating in Taiwan, where it is based, before expanding into Southeast Asia.
3drens' platform can help logistics services pick the right type of vehicle for a delivery, predict the best routes and assign new tasks for drivers on their way back after an order is fulfilled.
The Vehicle Intelligence Platform is a data-driven platform designed for commercial fleet owners including vehicle rentals, logistics, public transportation, and automakers, to help executives reduce operating costs and expand new mobility services. Its platform incorporates location-based service, route optimization, AI-based algorithms, and data visualization technology in its SaaS model products to help commercial fleet owners reduce operating costs and expand new mobility services.
Browse the online expo now! Scan the QR code below and experience even more innovative technologies.
TIE official website
2021 TIE online exhibition